Thursday, March 02, 2006

my apartment

In the words of my good friend Rich, "Its all about getting to know people." So here I sit, ready to let you know what it is that I do in the great state of PA. I live in a crusty apartment (I would post a pic or 2 but my computer is unknown to the world of high speed...we prefer dial-up). The good news is, my roommate just cleaned...there was a threat that some people might stop by, which is a good thing, unless you live where we do. In our living room, we have a rug, a plastic table, a corduroy couch that used to be white, but now plays itself off as eggshell, probably due to dirt. Until a prank gone bad, in which my other couch was placed in the front yard and later thrown away, it too sat in our living room. It had character. You could see two oil spots where peoples' heads would rest (not mine of course). We also have a weight bench in our living room. Where else would it be? Our kitchen is small enough for one man, as is the laundry room, which doubles as a storage closet (not on purpose though). At one point there were 5 people who lived here, one guy, a 28 year old college senior, wanted to live in our other closet, but we decided it would be more fitting to nail a mattress to a wall with a couple of 2x4's. The paint is falling off the ceiling in the bathroom and conveniently, the toilet stopped working. I feel like a pilgrim when I have to fill up a bucket and dump it into the back of the commode, on top of the old liquor and mountain dew bottles stored in the back (I dont know why, they have been there since we moved in...5 years ago). Indoor plumbing is overrated anyway. My room is pretty nice, though very empty. The only problem is...the molding at the bottom of the wall leaks pretty good so it gets a touch cold at night from October-March (almost made it). I also HAVE to sleep with a fan on, so when I wake up its around 10 below in my room, and to top it off, there are things growing on the walls in my closet, for which reason I have moved out everything that once occupied it. This is the thriving metropolis of Akron PA. This is probably too long, but for all of the college folk in the world, this is our song, our anthem. Dirty apartments and weight benches in the living room, and the occasional roommate living in a storage closet. At least its cheap. And now, I will eat dinner at 9:33. The menu: spaghetti, chocolate milk, and wheat thins.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley Sharp said...

Now that your roommate cleaned your apartment, maybe you would allow the landlord to cross the threshold and fix the toilet. Just a thought... ;)

8:51 AM  
Blogger Ashley Sharp said...

Women with an Edge... tomorrow night (March 7th) at 7:00 at my house! Please call myself 302-236-1623 or Amanda Garey 410-422-0757 if you have questions or need directions! We hope to see you there!

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ashley, settle down. there is a post up for your meeting. and a big picture of a bear.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home