Monday, March 13, 2006

books and quotes

I don't know how well this will be received, but you know what...doesn't matter. I am forced to read quite a bit for my school requirements, and rather than horde all of the pages to myself, I am going to give you some quotes randomly to think about, disagree with, agree with, comment on, or re-read 50x and have no idea what just happened. We'll start with some fundamentals. Installment #1:

Westminster Shorter Catechism 1
Q. What is the chief end of man?
A. Man's chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley Sharp said...

Agreed

8:59 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

"Westminster Shorter Catechism 1
Q. What is the chief end of man?
A. Man's chief end is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever."

Is God there for my enjoyment? I don't know. I am to glorify him forever in everything and that should be enjoyable (serving my creator) but I don't necessarily know that enjoyment is part of the "chief end"...

Maybe I took it to deep.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home